Criteria of Projects and Areas to be funded
- A significant impact to socio-economic development.
- Projects that are aligned to the National Tourism Master plan and also the counties investment plan.
- Must demonstrate Financial and economic feasibility and sustainability
- Substantial resources by proponents to investing the project
- A significant contribution to the transformation of the tourism industry.
- Projects in rural and marginalized areas that lack accommodation and have a demand for these facilities.
- Projects must demonstrate a bias to employing the youth, women and persons with disabilities.
- The projects must promote energy efficiency.
- Investors in the hotel and accommodation projects must have Hotel management background and / have a management company that will run the hotel on behalf of the investors.
The type of projects that would qualify for funding includes:
- Accommodation facilities
- Buildings i.e. eco lodges budget hotels
- Furniture, fittings & equipment
- Renovations and expansion
- Amusement parks
- Tourism attractions like Aquariums, Historic sites that need improvements.
- Accommodation in National parks.
- Tourism Finance corporation Investments/subsidiaries.